Gunjan is a core member of Healthcare Systems & Services Practice and leads McKinsey’s research on Medicare, population health management, and payer–provider collaboration. Since joining the firm, he has been involved in helping healthcare institutions (across the value chain) on a variety of strategic, operational, and technology issues, including growth strategy, population health management, and launching health plans. Gunjan also leads the practice’s knowledge-research effort on vertical integration, population health management, and distribution collaborations.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
* leading multiple transformational efforts to get organizations ready for value-based care
* leading integration implementation for a leading distributor and supply-chain transformation at a top-five integrated-delivery system
* leading several engagements on integrated-delivery systems, from addressing strategic issues and understanding integrated economics to end-to-end transformations
* developing and revamping the entire medical-management program for a top-ten Blues program, including behavioral-management, disease-management, and provider-risk programs
* working in the public sector to help a state evaluate and design next-generation payment and delivery systems
* leading provider risk strategy for a leading Medicare Advantage company to evaluate innovative payment approaches
* leading research on seniors across Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, and Part D in the postreform environment
Gunjan has published numerous articles and presented in several industry-leading conferences on topics including Medicare Advantage, Medicare cost and supplement programs, provider-led health plans, and payer–provider collaboration. Before joining McKinsey, he worked in the distributed systems group of a multinational information-technology company’s research arm.
Gunjan received a BTech in electrical engineering from Indian Institute of Technology and his MA and PhD in electrical and computer engineering from Purdue University.