Ajay is a leader of McKinsey’s Pharmaceuticals & Medical Products Practice. He brings 28 years of global experience and business judgment in advising top management on strategy, commercial excellence, M&A, R&D, and organization issues.
In addition to working with medical device, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology companies, Ajay has served integrated health systems, academic medical centers, post-acute care providers, drugstore chains, specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit managers, life science-tools companies, distributors, and other healthcare intermediaries.
- Examples of his client work include the following:
- accelerating the adoption of multiple new therapies and surgical products
- supporting top teams on organization redesign and effectiveness
- advising on multibillion-dollar acquisitions and subsequent integrations to capture full value
- consolidating R&D centers to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- developing digital-marketing programs, emphasizing patient activation to accelerate sales growth
- implementing comprehensive sales-excellence and pricing-improvement programs
- building value-added services to complement product sales
- developing strategies for growth in China, priority EU markets, and Japan
- developing a growth strategy for an academic medical center
- improving operations performance of a post-acute care company
- helping develop a negotiation strategy for access and reimbursement
- refining clinical and product strategies to maximize value
Ajay is a member of the Keystone Board of AbilityLab and is active in the Chicago community. Ajay received an MBA degree from Stanford University and BTech in electrical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.